Friday, June 14, 2013

Hurray for the Riff Raff’s album “My Dearest Darkest Neighbor”

Mod Mobilian Records and This Is American Music announce the public release of Hurray for the Riff Raff’s album “My Dearest Darkest Neighbor” on July 1st, 2013.
“These are songs I’ve gathered over the years. I’ve taken them with me wherever I go. For a musician who lives most of her life on the road, the songs you know and love are one of your only consistencies. They carry a feeling of home. These songs have been there for me in a dark hour. They’ve guided me down long roads that stretched through time. They have illuminated me on the human spirit, its unbreakable will, its strength and power.  The songwriters who’ve penned them have inspired me endlessly. I have studied them because I hope to never cease my education on how to write a good tune. I threw on two songs I’ve written that were building blocks for me. These are my attempts at the folk tradition of writing a song where someone else left off. I try to learn from the greats. These are soul songs, let’s sing them together. “  - Alynda lee Segarra
Track Listing
1. Delta Momma Blues (Written by Townes Van Zandt)
2. Fine and Mellow (Words by Billie Holiday, Music by Big Bill Broonzy, arranged by Alynda lee Segarra)
3. My Morphine (Written by Gillian Welch)
4. Black Jack Davey (Traditional)
5. Western Cowboy (Written by Lead Belly arranged by Alynda lee Segarra)
6. Jealous Guy (Written by John Lennon)
7. Just A Heart (Written by James Hand)
8. Angel Ballad (Written by Alynda lee Segarra, based on the Gillian Welch composition “Ruination Day”)
9. Cuckoo (Written by Alynda lee Segarra)
10. People Talkin’ (Written by Lucinda Williams)
11. River (Written by Joni Mitchell)
12. I’m Goin’ Away (Written by Elizabeth Cotten)
13. Lonesome I Could Cry (Written by Hank Williams)
14. My Sweet Lord (Written by George Harrison)
The album will be available on TIAM & MM websites 7/1 and on itunes and other online retailers 7/2.
Kilkenny Roots Festival 2013
Hurray For The Riff Raff perform a cover of Harry Nilsson song 'Everybody's Talkin'
made famous in the film 'Midnight Cowboy' in the National Craft Gallery ,Kilkenny.


Upcoming Shows
Jul 08
Bottletree Cafe
Birmingham, AL
Jul 12
Firebird
St Louis, MO
Jul 14
Cain's Ballroom
Tulsa, OK
Jul 15
Popejoy Hall - University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM
Jul 17
Hollywood Palladium
Hollywood, CA
Jul 18
Hollywood Palladium
Hollywood, CA
Jul 19
Pearl Concert Theater
Las Vegas, NV
Jul 26
Fort Adams State Park
Newport, RI
Aug 01
Knitting Factory
Brooklyn, NY
Aug 02
Cafe Nine
New Haven, CT
Aug 07
Black Cat
Washington, DC
Sep 03
MusicFestNW
Portland, OR
Sep 25
One Eyed Jacks
New Orleans, LA
Oct 05
Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica, CA



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...