Saturday, February 22, 2014

John The Conqueror's NEW album The Good Life

Photo by Cinthya Vong
Ryan Lynn, Pierre Moore, Michael Gardner 

There's a new funkin' blues man in town, Moore and his mates deliver eleven songs of powerful blues, hard scrapple delta mud under the figernails kinda blues, packed with move on or get the hell out of my way soulful passion.
The Philly-based (by way of Mississippi) blues-rock trio John The Conqueror have just wraped up their European tour, which has been a masive success with sold-out shows and extensive Euro media coverage. They'll be mapping out their national Spring U.S. tour upon their return
“I’m a blues man; all I got are stories,” admits John The Conqueror's singer-songwriter Pierre Moore. "When I started this album," Moore said, "I completely devoted myself to becoming a better writer." 
On 'Waking Up To You, Moore told Speakeasy.
“I’d fallen hard for a wonderful woman a few months before and she helped me clean up my life, I didn’t know how I would make it through those hard nights without her by my side and I couldn’t bring myself to tell her. I wrote her this song to tell her what I was feeling even though I knew she already knew. She’s the best thing that ever happened to me.” 
 The Good Life, will release Tuesday Feb. 25th on Alive Naturalsound Records  Listen to 'Waking Up To You'

Tracklist:
01. Get ‘Em
02. Mississippi Drinkin’
03. Waking Up To You
04. What Am I Gonna Do
05. Golden Rule
06. Burn Down The Cornfield (Randy Newman cover)
07. Road to Bayport
08. You Don’t Know
09. John Doe
10. Daddy’s Little Girl
11. She Said


Catch them 3/7/2014 at Milkboy 1100 Chestnut Street  Philadelphia, PA

John the Conqueror live at the 2013 Bayport BBQ Deep Blues Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...